|Department:||Tribal Gaming Agency|
|Contact Name:||Karen Williams|
|Date Posted:||Mar 21, 2022|
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning,
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT systems hardware and
software and related infrastructure for the TGA and Naskila Gaming ClassII operations.
This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing
innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware,
network hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures
adhere to organizational values.
1. Engineering of IT solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services,
settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational
3. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
4. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all
hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and
application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
5. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
6. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data
are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are
created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
7. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
8. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
9. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and
communicate with entities.
10. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools
and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
11. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
12. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource
optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
13. Maintain and support network hardware and security devices such as firewalls,
spam filters and web filters.
14. Support the TGA in the Compliance evaluation of Naskila Class n Gaming Systems
15. Assist the Executive Director in establishing Policies and Procedures for the TGA U
16. Advise the TGA Regulators on IT issues as requested.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
2. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA) Certification
3. VMware Certified Associate- Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV)
4. Certification Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
1. Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer
science or comparable experience.
2. Four years system administration experience.
3. Must have strong communication skills and be team oriented.
4. Must be able to work independently, at times without supervision, and complete all
tasks accurately, completely and on time.
5. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
6. Must be dependable and reliable.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Must possess sensitivity to Native American culture.
2. Must be able to obtain a Key Gaming License.
3. Must be able to interact with guests, coworkers, federal representatives, and
Naskila's entire workforce in a professional and courteous manner.
4. Must follow all safety rules and regulations.
5. Must be able to pass a drug test
6. Must possess a valid Texas driver's license.