|Department:||Alabama-Coushatta Police Department|
|Contact Name:||Karen Williams|
|Date Posted:||Feb 15, 2022|
The Police Officer is responsible for the enforcement of Federal, State, and
Tribal statutes within the Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas boundaries
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Responds promptly and safely to calls for service from the Communications
Section, either as primary or secondary unit.
Protects citizens, employees, property, and visitors from criminal offenses.
Patrols community corridor, including bordering areas as assigned.
Patrols all Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas owned facilities and other
properties as assigned.
Initiates actions to safely facilitate traffic mobility, such as directing traffic or
removing road hazards.
Apprehends persons committing offenses associated with calls for service or
Conducts preliminary investigations of offenses committed within the AlabamaCoushatta Tribe of Texas boundaries.
Maintains evidence chain of custody pursuant to the arrest and processing of
Ensures that all documentation is completed for the arrest and processing of
Develops good working relationships with county, municipal, state and federal
law enforcement agencies.
Patrols as assigned and renders assistance to motorists with minor accidents
by moving vehicles that can be driven.
Requests services of wreckers as required and/or moves vehicles off roadway.
Renders aid and remains on scene at accidents to maintain safety of motorists
and others until appropriate response units arrive.
Uses computers and appropriate software to enter daily activity data and
May be required to work split shifts.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must possess and maintain physical strength, agility, and stamina to
perform essential job functions
• Must be able, but not limited to, lifting, dragging, and carrying persons or
objects up to 50 lbs. with occasional lifting of 110-150 lbs.
• Applicant must be 21 years of age or older;
• Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED;
• Applicant must be a United States citizen;
• Applicant must have a current Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
(TCOLE) certification as a Texas Peace Officer;
• Applicant must pass a detailed background check with a favorable
• Applicant must be able to maintain and/or obtain additional certifications or
licenses as required by position.
• Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License.
SCOPE AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
First line supervision has the greatest impact on the day-to-day attitude and moral
of line personnel. Good communication and interpersonal skills assures that line
personnel not only adequately perform but also display a demeanor that reflects
well on the Tribe.