|Minerals Management Technician|
|Contact Name:||Karen Williams|
|Date Posted:||Nov 4, 2021|
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
A general knowledge of minerals development, Environmental regulations,
mapping, production and drilling reports, safety standards, seismic reading,
contracts, and the ability to assist the Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas and
Tribal Realty Officer in all such related negotiations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read, analyze and present summaries of all production and drilling reports
(oil and gas).
• Read, understand, and analyze all well logs, seismic date, and applicable
• Serve as a liaison between the Tribe, oil and gas companies, drilling
companies, and other related entities.
• Assist federal agency with reports, inspections, and any requested
• Organize and conduct tribal seminars to promote a better understanding
of mineral issues, such as leases, seismic activity, drilling activity,
production facilities/pipelines, environmental standards, tribal
environmental concerns, and fire/health/safety concerns.
• Conduct transactions necessary to represent the tribal interest, as follows:
ensure that all companies are complying with contractual obligations;
ensure that seismic crews are operating in accordance with applicable
rules and regulations; and assist in representing the tribe on drill sites.
• Attend meetings with all relative companies and entities as a
representative or assist the representative of the Tribe (as directed).
• Assist in the preparation of environmental protection plans for all tribal
owned lands and property.
• Assist in the preparation of fire, health, and safety regulations for the
• Maintain safety awareness for self and others.
• Knowledge of intended use and proper handling of instruments and
equipment needed in oilfield.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• A minimum of four(4) years of college or professional training in a related
field; (geology, geophysics, engineering, or land)
• A minimum of one (1) year of work experience and/or practical application
in a related field.
• A definable general knowledge of minerals development, including Tribal
Environmental regulations, leases, mapping, production and drilling
reports, safety standards, seismic readings, contracts, OSHA standards,
and the ability to assist the Tribe in all such related negotiations.
• Practical and/or related work experience may be utilized in the place of
certain listed qualification; and
• The Tribe shall reserve the right to "Indian Preference" in reviewing
qualifications and in the selection process.
• Must have a valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must pass a drug test and background check.