|Department:||Alabama-Coushatta Police Department|
|Contact Name:||Karen Williams|
|Date Posted:||Aug 25, 2021|
The Police Officer is responsible for the enforcement of Federal, State, and
Tribal statutes within the Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas boundaries.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Responds promptly and safely to calls for service from the Communications
Section, either as primary or secondary unit.
• Protects citizens, employees, property, and visitors from criminal offenses.
• Patrols community corridor, including bordering areas as assigned.
• Patrols all Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas owned facilities and other
properties as assigned.
• Initiates actions to safely facilitate traffic mobility, such as directing traffic or
removing road hazards.
• Apprehends persons committing offenses associated with calls for service or
• Conducts preliminary investigations of offenses committed within the
Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas boundaries.
• Maintains evidence chain of custody pursuant to the arrest and processing of
• Ensures that all documentation is completed for the arrest and processing of
• Develops good working relationships with county, municipal, state and federal
law enforcement agencies.
• Patrols as assigned and renders assistance to motorists with minor accidents
by moving vehicles that can be driven.
• Requests services of wreckers as required and/or moves vehicles off
• Renders aid and remains on scene at accidents to maintain safety of
motorists and others until appropriate response units arrive.
• Uses computers and appropriate software to enter daily activity data and
• May be required to work split shifts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must possess and maintain physical strength, agility, and stamina to
perform essential job functions
• Must be able, but not limited to, lifting, dragging, and carrying persons or
objects up to 50 lbs. with occasional lifting of 110-150 lbs
• Applicant must be 21 years of age or older;
• Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED;
• Applicant must be a United States citizen;
• Applicant must have a current Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
(TCOLE) certification as a Texas Peace Officer;
• Applicant must pass a detailed background check with a favorable
• Applicant must be able to maintain and/or obtain additional certifications
or licenses as required by position.
• Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License.
First line supervision has the greatest impact on the day-to-day attitude and
moral of line personnel. Good communication and interpersonal skills assures
that line personnel not only adequately perform but also display a demeanor that
reflects well on the Tribe.