|Telecommunicator -Tribal Police Department|
|Department:||Alabama-Coushatta Police Department|
|Contact Name:||Karen Williams|
|Date Posted:||Aug 25, 2021|
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of computer technology and equipment.
• Knowledge of law enforcement terminology and procedures.
• Must have satisfactorily completed the Texas Department of Public
Safety's Basic Telecommunication course.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with communications systems and dispatching
procedures as well as all applicable Department policies and procedures.
• Requires excellent verbal and writing skills.
• Requires attaining and maintaining certifications for access into local,
state, and national criminal history databases and associated law
enforcement telecommunications system.
• Skill in multi-tasking - coordinating simultaneous mental, manual and
• Skill in operating a variety of communications equipment effectively, such
as two-way radios and telephone equipment.
• Skill in reading and interpreting maps to determine locations and
• Ability to handle stressful situations and deal with the public both
courteously and professionally.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of individuals
utilizing tact and diplomacy.
• Able to work rotating shift assignments and overtime as required, which
may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to frequently sit, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift and/or move
up to 10 lbs., and use of motor skills (sight, hear, smell, taste, and touch).
• Ability to successfully complete certification training courses for
TLETS/OMNIXX, Telecommunication Device for Deaf (TDD), TLETS, and
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of self or to others
in the work place, and the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
High school graduation, or its equivalent; at least 19 years of age; experience in
law enforcement communications preferred; must be a U.S. Citizen; must have a
valid Texas Driver's License with a good driving record; must pass a background
check and all additional pre-service tests; completion of certification courses for
using the Federal Bureau of Investigations' (FBI) National Crime Information
Center/Texas Crime Information Center (NCIC/TCIC) and the Texas Law
Enforcement Telecommunication System (TLETS) is preferred, but not required.