|Convenience/ Smoke Shop Store Manager|
|Contact Name:||Karen Williams|
|Date Posted:||Aug 25, 2021|
This Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the
Convenience Store, Smoke Shop, and Gift Shop.
Maintains an acceptance gross profit, proper inventory management,
including compliance with any contractual agreements and operations
reporting of convenience store, smoke shop and gift shop activities.
• Sets and achieves sales goals for both inside sales and fuel sales.
• Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific
• Arranges for the opening and closing of the stores each day.
• Ensures all report such as purchase, inventory and sales are accurate and
• Assist with human resource issues such as hiring, discipline and
• Supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories,
reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operation records and
preparing daily record of transactions or performs work of subordinates,
• Ensures compliance of damaged security, sales, and record keeping
procedures and practices
• Orders merchandise and ensures inventory is checked upon arrival.
• Works with representatives, distributors, and the Procurement Officer
regarding "buy downs" from tobacco companies.
• Ensure all store employees are properly trained.
• Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers
preparing merchandise displays
• Performs banking functions such as cash counting and deposits
Maintains inventory control by recording all purchases at retail and
comparing to the physical counts on the premises.
• Maintains security for the employees and cash and inventory on the
premises, and in transit to the bank
• Performs all shift duties as required.
• Performs other duties as may be relevant for the position.
Must have a high school diploma or GED and related experience and/or training
in Convenience Store operations and retail management. Must have a Bachelor's
degree in Liberal Arts, Business Administration or Management or other related
field or 3-5 years of experience in retail management in lieu of degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have background in convenience store operations or retail management.
Ability to train and motivate employees. Basic accounting skills. Organizational
skills. Ability to read and interpret documents and manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers and employees. Customer service background and computer
experience is necessary. Applicant must be personable and customer oriented.
Must be bondable and wiling to learn new software and equipment. Must pass
background check. Must pass drug test.